Monday, January 28, 2008

Mourning my Prophet

I'm missing President Hinckley today. I'm mourning for myself, and for other members of the Church, but not for him. As with so many other members of the Church, I celebrate that he is finally reunited with his wife that he spent 67+ wonderful married years with here on earth. (I hope I get to spent that many with my sweetheart, although we got started later than they did!) I celebrate the amazing life and example and legacy he left. I've loved the media coverage of his passing, and how KSL Radio has carried it all day, in place of their regular coverage, interviewing the likes of Danny Osmond, Steve Young, Orrin Hatch, and Larry King, just to name a few.

I found out when my mom in Ohio called to say that my brother in Texas had called; his wife's best friend's brother-in-law (okay, I've probably messed it up already) was there at his passing. They wanted to know if I (because I'm here in Utah) knew anything more yet - but that was the first I heard!

For great coverage, see KSL's story & links: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=288&sid=2562128

We love you President Hinckley! God be with (us) until we meet again! I know you're already with Him. (I'm a bit jealous, to tell the truth. I always am when people get to go Home.) I'm honored to have lived at this time while you were here.

3 comments:

Harlene said...

His life was such a blessing for the rest of us. I pray anyone can say that at my passing.

MarieC said...

Isn't it just amazing how quickly the word spread! E-mails and phone calls were flying from every direction Sunday night. Just shows how very beloved he was.

Even our liberal, ultra-agnostic press here in Seattle is reporting the news with depth, compassion, and surprising accuracy.

Beckstrand7 said...

Yes! And did you see the reaction of teens around the state? Many of them dressed in Sunday best for school on Monday, instead of jeans & tshirts! I also heard of this happening in Arizona as well. Even my Gregory wore a (non-uniform) Sunday tie with his uniform, and the teacher let him. It was so neat.
More at: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=288&sid=2562619