On the way home from voting today, my very observant six year old asked out of the blue, "Is the party going to be at our house?" I spent the next few minutes trying to figure out what he was talking about. Finally I figured he meant the political party - he hears everything on the radio in the car, and draws his own conclusions...his next observation, this time in reference to the 10-15 minute wait at the voting precinct, "That party wasn't very fun." Some party indeed! Tee hee.
On another note, I just LOVE our new First Presidency! Elder Uctdorf was a terrific "Of course!!" for me. It just seems SO right. I look forward to hearing from each of them often during General Conferences! It will be fun to see what the future of this Church holds....
5 comments:
Good for Jason! It probably wasn't much of a party.
We miss you!
I remember going to vote at Christensen Chevrolet on the Diagonal in Provo in the 1992 presidential election and standing in line for THREE hours (while pregnant, I might add). Ugh...that wasn't much of a party either. From that point on, we've voted permanent absentee. :-)
At least you got to vote when it still meant something. Our primary isn't until 2/19, at which point, my candidate might be out of the race. :-(
I hate politics!
It was great to hear from you and I am glad that you started a blog. Since our move to Washington we have found that it is a great way for our family to keep in touch with everyone near and far. It is great to be able to share ideas with each other about kids, food and life in general. Please visit our blog often for updates and fun tidbits. I will for sure check the Beckstrand blog for great insight on how you manage to "do it all". We sure love you and miss the whole family. Tell everyone Hi!
Hi Susan,
I tagged you! Check out the questions on my (or Melissa's) blog. It's a fun way for people to get to know you. Have fun!
If you would like to make the fortune cookies (which are felt), I found them on Martha Stewarts website. As for the template for the candy bars, I can email you all the info if you are still interested. You do need Photoshop.
Post a Comment