My sister-in-law-in-law (my sister's sister-in-law) e-mailed me a cool General Conference Activity Packet with pictures, activities and so forth in MSWord format. We do something like this every conference, ever since I attended an incredible enrichment class on how to involve your children in General Conference a few years ago. Since then, all of our kids look forward to conference with SOO MUCH ENTHUSIASM, even the very youngest. It probably also has something to do with the treats they get for each session too, as well as the "conference boats" (their blankets) that they have to stay on so they don't drown. It's SO much fun, and even though I don't get to hear it all the first time through (so I listen later to the MP3s - my favorite thing to put on my IPod - dang, I'll miss it this year, since the hard drive crashed this summer!), it's totally worth it.
8 comments:
I'd love a copy, my kids are looking forward to this weekend as well. Gotta love the junk food angle. I need to get Annie's shoes sometime soon...
My kids just love the fact that we all can stay in our jammies on Sunday - somehow I must have missed a parenting class about how to get your kids excited about Conference.....
Sister Howlett, what year were you in the Philippines and what area, 'cuz my husband, Dan, was a missionary there '85-87 in the Manilla Mission.
I was there in 1986-88, in Davao, then Cagayan de Oro. I did spend about 2 weeks in 1988 in Manilla for some surgery. I stayed in the apt with some sister missionaries, and turns out that one of them eventually married that Elder Teh - who, turns out spoke in General Conference today as a member of the Q70 - it WAS my friend from the mission!!! He's a dear man, and so is Grace, his wife. To think, he's just a few miles away right now, here for General Conference!
Elder Teh's wife was in the same mission as Dan and they know each other. So in a round-about way, we all know each other - small world, huh?!
You're related to Harlene, went to the Philippines on your mission, AND you've taught your children to appreciate conference - WOW! How much better can you get?
Thanks! I've a long way to go, but with God, everything is possible, right?
Your family seems pretty awesome - I'm so glad you're Harlene's friend. She is one of my favorite people!
This all may start going to my head! Thank you though, I'm glad you two can get to "know" each other!
Harlene and her family are definitely on our top 5 list of people we love. She's already made celebrity status with my family.
Hey Susan, I'd love to get a copy of this. Could you email it to me? Love keeping up on your family.
Post a Comment