We woke up this morning to the first snow of the season. For many, it's probably a depressing sight. I guess I'm a bit wierd this way, but it makes me excited. Not just for Christmas, or the holidays, or whatever, although I do love those, but for the cozy days inside together, the sweaters we get to wear for the next few months, the fun the kids have playing in it, the hot chocolate everybody wants to have, the different meals we eat when it's cold, all of it. I don't even mind driving in it, unless it's the white-knuckle kind when I can't see the road or the car in front of me. I was a bit dissappointed that my van is outside in it, instead
of safely in the garage, since we put a desk and a mattress in our garage when we emptied out a property recently. Gotta get that stuff to DI, or wherever it's going so I can have my garage back - THAT'S the only part of ice I don't like - scraping the windows, the stairs, the driveway...never mind, I'm not talking about what I don't like, 'cause I DO like it! I'm glad I covered the tomatoes with a blanket last night...we'll see if we get to keep any of them. It's actually pretty warm out there, relatively speaking.We've spent this weekend helping Gregory get his homework done for the term - due tomorrow - so he can pass all of his classes. I think he's figuring out that he has to stay on top as he goes, so that he doesn't have to get to this point! We/he love his school, but the homework load is considerable! That's what you get with a college prep high school, right? Whew.
Also this week, I spent considerable time revamping our school's home reading program (HRP). It falls under the library, so when I was getting word that lots of student's HRP books were below their levels, I decided we'd better switch the way we were deciding their levels, and get it more accurate. WHEW! Wednesday was an all-school field trip day (each grade to a different place, but no kids at school for a few hours), so I spent the whole time working with the direct instruction coordinator redoing the levels. Thursday I was verifying former levels and comparing them to the new assignments, and trying to coordinate with teachers and a few parents, all while fitting in 7 classes coming to the library. Finally, Friday, my day off, I spent 2hours at the beginning of the day, making sure it was ready go for
that morning's deliveries. I felt SO much better about it. Some kids were making level changes as large as 5-7 levels! Whew, what a relief to be more on target to making a difference for the children who need it most!
that morning's deliveries. I felt SO much better about it. Some kids were making level changes as large as 5-7 levels! Whew, what a relief to be more on target to making a difference for the children who need it most!Now to go fix some yummy crockpot soup for us to come home to after church.
Editor's note: By noon today, most of the snow was gone - but it WAS here!
8 comments:
I'm glad we didn't come for the BYU game. We definitely would have been stuck there for an extra day or two. I of course wouldn't mind, but Warren's boss might. I too love the snow when I can stay inside and enjoy it from my window. I hate driving in it.
Although we didn't get any snow this morning (it is acutally sunny today) I too am looking forward to a nice warm soup for dinner.
P.s
As far as the stuff in the garage goes, put it on Craig's list and make someone else haul it off. I can't stand parking outside either.
It's hard to imagine snow in October! It's hard to imagine snow period!! But it is nice to be warm and cozy inside.
BTW, how do you get your labels to show up on your posts? I have added them to my posts, and I can see them in the "edit post" page, but other people can't see them.
Ugh, snow. You can KEEP it. Rob & Jason got out of there just in time, it sounds like.
I can't think of anything I like about snow. Ick! :-)
I guess there was a reason we are sisters! I LOVE SNOW TOO!!!! Too bad I get so little of it anymore... But I'm like you, put on the soup and the hot cocoa and drag out the winter gear bins it's time to play! I'm also glad that you are accomplishing so much at your library. Isn't it a great feeling so see yourself getting so much done?! I love it! Way to be!
:) love you.
How exciting to hear you so excited about your library. It is nice when our busy-ness is nourishing, isn't it?
Snow already??? Crazy, but I do love the weather at this time of the year and the warmer clothes I get to wear that hid my after pregancy lbs. a little more. I am SO glad I don't LIVE in snow. It is pretty to LOOK at though...
Ummm we had a few days this week that we didn't use the AC! :) I do love snow, but I'm happy that I can still say to the kids, "Grab your flip flops, let's go!" :)
Post a Comment