Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tired and boring me...

"Now I, Sister Howlett, can relate to those working mothers and wives who work all week then go home at night and try to fix dinner and do other things needed before falling asleep at night and getting up the next morning to do it all over again." This from my mom on their mission in Germany. That is my excuse for not writing anything on my blog in FOREVER! I'm tired every night. And when I think about what I should write, I can't think of anything, 'cause my mind is too saturated with everything. I'm taking care of my family, and that's about what I barely have energy for right now. That, and I need a new digital camera, since ours died. When I take pictures, I want to share them. When I don't, I can't remember what happened anyway. Then again, I haven't even taken time to read all of the posts on the blogs I usually follow - sorry - But I do admire those of you who can do this every day!

Now, I'm going to get my crew off to bed, followed quickly by myself! I promise, I'll write again soon, and catch up with what's going on. Meanwhile, I'm concentrating on feeding, clothing, and teaching my little flock, and going to work much of the time that they are in school too. (I LOVE my job, and my kids love me there, and it is working, but I'm tired! At least I have a husband who is help some of the time.)

Happy Halloween, I guess. (I don't really like Halloween - it's so not my personality or interests, I hate the promotion of evil looking/acting or scary things, it's just extra work, and orange is my LEAST favorite color. Hmm. But the kids are cute.)

GO VOTE! (And remember that whoever is elected president will be selecting the next 2+ supreme court judges, which will seriously affect the direction our nation will go from here!)

5 comments:

Karen said...

I know how you feel about being busy. I hope you get a new camera soon. But I have to say I love Halloween. I guess I've always loved dressing up. ;)

MarieC said...

I'm with you on Halloween. I liked it a lot better growing up in NV where it is a state holiday (Nevada Day). It's usually too rainy and cold here to be much fun.

I cannot WAIT for the election to be over. Even though I fear the results, I am so S-I-C-K of the political ads and mudslinging.

Becky said...

"Meanwhile, I'm concentrating on feeding, clothing, and teaching my little flock." That's what you're supposed to be doing - not worrying about us in cyberspace. Just know we're with you. Enjoy the journey - even when it's tiring.

I found a quote yesterday by Virginia Jensen (from the 2000 RS broadcast) that's going to become my blog motto: "Life at home is a series of small things that combine to create an eternal family."

Frieda Loves Bread said...

There is a time and a place for everything...you have your priorities straight! I'm with you on the Halloween thing...I will be canning chicken while Brad is outside, passing out the hot/maybe cool chocolate to trick or treaters!

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the tiredness. I have been working on Proposition 8 (preseving traditional marriage in CA)this week. I don't know how working moms do it. Soo exhausting. I to cannot wait for the elections to be over although I am nervous about the out come. (especially prop 8 - can you tell?)