Hi...we've been under the weather the last couple of days. That is I collapsed into bed about 8:30 on Wed night, aching all over, and exhausted. Next morning I decided to stay home and sleep off the aches and continued exhaustion. I slept almost all day. Jonathan came home about the same time as Kindergartner Jason, and slept the rest of the day with me, and we went on to sleep the next night too. I appreciated Jonathan asking for and finally getting blessings for us both. I woke up this morning feeling much better, no more aches, but now Jason was sick too, and Jonathan still. (Gregory was sick from Tuesday to Thursday, but finally well enough to go back to school today.) I was still weak, so I stayed home another day, and the three of us rested on the couch, watching instant-view Netflix (free with our $4.99 membership), sleeping for 2 1/2 hours, I made banana bread, and haven't needed to sleep anymore, but the boys have most of the afternoon. I made the mistake to carry them up to the quiet guest room when the big kids came home, and that about did me in, but still I couldn't sleep. It feels good to get better. Hopefully by tomorrow, I'll be back in full form. I'm thankful that it's this week, and not next week when I'm off to Ohio with my brother for our last brother's wedding! Now if I could stop coughing!
Friday, February 22, 2008
Sick days
Hi...we've been under the weather the last couple of days. That is I collapsed into bed about 8:30 on Wed night, aching all over, and exhausted. Next morning I decided to stay home and sleep off the aches and continued exhaustion. I slept almost all day. Jonathan came home about the same time as Kindergartner Jason, and slept the rest of the day with me, and we went on to sleep the next night too. I appreciated Jonathan asking for and finally getting blessings for us both. I woke up this morning feeling much better, no more aches, but now Jason was sick too, and Jonathan still. (Gregory was sick from Tuesday to Thursday, but finally well enough to go back to school today.) I was still weak, so I stayed home another day, and the three of us rested on the couch, watching instant-view Netflix (free with our $4.99 membership), sleeping for 2 1/2 hours, I made banana bread, and haven't needed to sleep anymore, but the boys have most of the afternoon. I made the mistake to carry them up to the quiet guest room when the big kids came home, and that about did me in, but still I couldn't sleep. It feels good to get better. Hopefully by tomorrow, I'll be back in full form. I'm thankful that it's this week, and not next week when I'm off to Ohio with my brother for our last brother's wedding! Now if I could stop coughing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm sorry to hear that most of the family has been sick. I hope your trip is fun.
So sorry for the yucky week. I am excited for you to see your family. When is Michael's wedding?
Hope everyone is on the mend--it is definitely no fun when Mom is sick too. Boy, the flu is going around and around lately! I went to a ward conference yesterday and only the stake president was there--his two counselors were both sick, and he himself was just getting over it.
Have a safe & healthy trip!
Post a Comment