Thanksgiving was wonderful, except that we MISSED our cousins (Nels' brother's family) who spent the holiday in California with their military son down there. We're hoping they can come over this weekend sometime, so we can see them again! It just didn't feel the same. It was fun having Mom B, Dad B, Karl, Heidi & Hysen, Richard & Deena & fam, Jacob & a couple of friends, and Miriam. Then there was food, games, more food, more games, and more games. I love holiday weekends like that!
But we did have a milestone last week. Day after Thanksgiving, the house was clean (:->) and I somewhat hesitantly decided to try to put up the Christmas decorations. I wanted to get into the Spirit of Christmas as quickly as possible. In years past it's taken hours, and made quite the mess, and was sometimes frustrating. For the first time in our history, there was complete cooperation, NO mess! and we got it all done within a couple of hours. I was able to put different kids in charge of different projects, and they just did it, and it turned out great! They turned on the Christmas music on, volunteered for the different projects, and away we went. Whew - I think I like this kids getting bigger thing!

Well, we got here early to work this morning so I took the opp to write, but I need to get busy now - patrons coming in. I'll have to add a picture when I get home today...Have a nice day!
~~~~
Now it's later in the evening, and I'm finishing this post, adding pictures and the like, but I need to add a story from today too.
Nels was recently called as Assistant Cubmaster (go figure!) and was supposed to deliver some flyers tonight for the food drive the Cubs will be doing this weekend. But when we sent Samuel & Jason over to the Cubmaster's house to get the flyers, his wife had accidentally driven away with them so they promised to drop them by later. For some reason, Jason was so bummed, and I even heard him saying after a while, "They'll NEVER bring over those flyers!" When they finally came after dinner, he was the first one at the door. As Nels was arranging the kids to go deliver them up and down the street, (in the 25 degree cold) I reminded Jason that it was his night to help me with the dishes...major meltdown! As I remembered the past couple of hours, we gave approval for him to go help with the flyers. In retrospect, trying to figure out his enthusiasm, I realized that he's been delivering flyers HIS WHOLE LIFE! I've been the Primary Secretary for 6 1/2 years, and he's only 8, so he's help deliver flyers for a long time! :) His anxiousness to help was a payday!
1 comment:
Well, Merry Christmas! That's so fun! Can;t wait to see you too!
Post a Comment