Friday, February 13, 2009

The dryer...

Still wishing my dryer worked - I'm going now to get the replacement belt...wish me luck, I'm sick of dirty laundry everywhere! (Oh, and the laundry I absolutely had to wash hanging on doors and the back of couches too.)

Changed the blog background...couldn't stand that much pink in one place anymore,
even if tomorrow is Valentines' Day! Yuck!
.
.
.

Update...
Got the replacement belt, but spent the afternoon vacuuming out the dryer, and - yippee - the vent all the way to the outside wall of the house! It filled up the vacuum canister three times - gross! I've been wanting to do that for years, even bought a 25 ft "sump hose" a year or so ago to extend the vacuum cleaner's reach. Whew, there's one fire hazard reduced. We'll have to put on the replacement belt tomorrow - we'll be stuck indoors with the expected snow fall here tonight and tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I've got to go get ready for a date with my husband. We're going to be chaperoning a school dance. We'll get in "required" volunteer hours, and have fun ourselves. Fun Valentine's date, huh. (Gregory doesn't even want to go to the dance! He'd rather stay home and watch the movie "City of Ember" that he's been denied while trying to catch up on homework he missed when he was sick for a week. I was fascinated by that movie!)

Happy Valentines' Day!


3 comments:

Harlene said...

UGH! I hate laundry issues!Glad to hear it's almost back and running.

Enjoy the dance!

Anonymous said...

uugg. Laundry is a nightmare even with a working machine. I am feeling your pain. Hope it's working by now.

O, Happy Valentines Day!

Karen said...

As I type, my kids are gathering laundry. Its the NEVERENDINGNESS of this chore that makes it so horrid.
But Happy Valentines Day to you too! Love your blog background!