That's the other thing that I've been so crazy busy with. Last week (the last week of school, complete with performances & class graduations, etc., etc.,) was NUTS at work too, and I was in there today pulling together the curriculum room, and running some inventory reports for both that and my library. (I finished with the library the week before that.) I'll probably have to spend a few more days at school, but they don't have to be right away. My next project is to prepare for a workshop I'm helping to teach in a couple of weeks, on "How to Start a Charter School library." I just have to remember I have that coming up.
We did take Friday afternoon (early-out day) and go to Thanksgiving Point to the Children's Gardens so the kids could get wet, and play around. We took cousin Ethen with us, and I read my book while they played and ran around.
Other than that, we had a great weekend with my sis-in-law, Sherlyn & kids, (except that Kimberly was sick on Friday & Sat, and cousin Cassaundra was sick on Sunday, so they had to wait until last night & today to get together, both healthy so they could enjoy one another's company!) My brother Jacob & his son Ethen were here too. My brother Mark joined us for a little bit Sunday night, after his busy weekend helping his father-in-law with the Superbike World Championships, a once in a lifetime experience for him. Yesterday we mostly lazed around, on our first official day of summer vacation. By the afternoon, Samuel was saying, "Mom, I'm SO BORED!" Yikes, this is going to be a long summer! We did attempt organizing our weekly/daily schedule, but that's a work in progress.
Also yesterday we got Gregory signed up for his summer school classes. He'll start those the week after High Adventure Scout camp, the last week of June, and go pretty much every day for the rest of summer vacation. Whew.
So now I go fix dinner, and get ready to go to the Enrichment activity: "An Evening with Chocolate and Friends" - don't you wish you were going with me?!
4 comments:
Hope you enjoy a great summer! I found a blog with a lot of great ideas for kids and summers here: http://www.wearethatfamily.com/ (Click on the Mr. Linky for hundreds of more ideas!)
And I know what carpal tunnel is! Mom had it, and she had the surgery to correct it while I was away at school. All I know is that she had both hands done at the same time and was out of commission for weeks. However, I also know that the surgery is much less invasive now. I've dealt with the symptoms for over ten years but it hasn't driven me to surgery yet. I just know that when I paint or pull weeds I'll pay for it the next day. I also learned NOT to sleep with my hand under my head! Email me if you have any specific questions :)
Gregory will have a GREAT time at the High Adventure Scout camp! Hope the rest of your summer goes well!
I had carpal tunnel for 15 years before I got the surgery. I wish I did it sooner. CTS can be quite painful since a nerve is being pinched. I wore splints at night to help. Some people like the surgery, some don't. For me it was the best thing I ever did. My hands rarely ever hurt anymore. Good luck.
Glad your prognosis is not permanent! Looks like you've been, are, and will be busy! So much fun being a Mom eh!?
Love you!
Post a Comment