Wednesday, October 28, 2009

California trips...

I am leaving in a couple of hours for California, with most of my family. But wait...I just got back from California on Monday!

My beloved Grandmother, Barbara Hess Merrill,91 yrs, passed away in her sleep the morning of Oct 18th. Hence a quick trip to CA with my brother for the BEAUTIFUL funeral. My mom came all the way from her mission in Germany for her mother's funeral. It was not a surprise; rather we were relieved to have her out of suffering. I'll post more on her and the beautiful weekend later, when I have time.

The timing wasn't perfect for our family though. Several of us had committed to going with Nels' mom to Solvang, CA (3 hours away from where my Grandma lived) for a week at her time-share. Time shares timing can't be changed, and we're heading there later tonight! A week earlier, and we could have stayed there during the funeral. We were kind of hoping that if she hung on that long we could see her during our stay down there. But she's in a MUCH better place now - I'm so happy for her!

So now I have to go finish packing the van. Just wanted to update my blog for a few minutes!

1 comment:

Frieda Loves Bread said...

My condolences on the passing of your sweet grandmother ~ wow...91 years...that's quite a life. You are right, she is in a much better place and I am sure she misses you and your family as much as you miss her.