Monday, February 15, 2010

Changes...

No, it's not a job, not yet. That will come sometime soon, I still have faith!

Our Primary Presidency at church was released yesterday, and that included me. It was 6 1/2 years for three of us! Pretty cool, huh. I'm excited and pleased about the new presidency so far, but they haven't sustained the new secretary yet, so I may be continuing next week, we'll see... I don't have a new calling yet, but I'm quite curious to see where the Lord wants me next! It doesn't seem real yet, and I don't know that it will until I'm sitting in that RS room trying to feel comfortable. You know those "Good News Minutes"? They didn't have those before my calling! The kids are wondering where we're going to meet after church now. Wierd, but Jason wasn't quite two when we were put in, so it's been MOST of his life! He's even in SENIOR Primary now.

Speaking of Jason, he lost his first tooth tonight at the end of FHE, just before the prayer! (Another crazy family night we barely pulled off.) He's eight and a half, and finally loosing his first tooth. Here he is, proud as could be, and with the tooth pillow I made years ago when one of the older kids lost their first tooth.

Kimberly had her eighth grade cotillion last week. It was fun. She danced with a lot of different boys in the class (using a dance card!) and she really enjoyed dancing with her favorite partner...her dad! They learned foxtrot, swing, and cha cha for the event, as well as good manners for interacting in social occasions. Kimberly wore the dress she made at Christmas time (with a little help from me.) She was escorted in by two boys for the introductions, because they have more boys than girls - can you believe that? It was a neat event.

Nels and I got to go to Karl's stake dance on Saturday, and had a blast there. We love going dancing, and don't go often enough! This was complete with dancers from the BYU Ballroom Dance team, specifically from the 10:00 and 1:00 teams. We were happy to be able to remember that Nels and I actually MET on a 1:00 team ourselves twenty five years ago this fall. Happy Valentines Day, my Sweetheart!

Life is good. Is there life after Primary?

4 comments:

Frieda Loves Bread said...

Yes! There is life after Primary~ Loved reading about the milestones that your kids are going through. I love Kimberly's yellow dress and the fact that she made it herself!

Laura said...

You guys were a fabulous presidency! I can't believe you were in for so long. It must feel so strange to be released. Enjoy RS! I'm sure they'll snatch you up for another great calling soon.

gphowlett said...

There is life after Primary. Enjoy! Hey, we were excited to read about the dancing. Terrific! You guys are so good! I can't believe that Kimberly is growing up so fast! She is a lovely Young Woman now.

Karen said...

Beautiful dress Kimberly!Your Dad is a great dancer and teacher take advantage of it! (I still need to get Dan into lessons). And Jason congrats on entering toothlessville! You'll never look at apples the same! ;)