Monday, July 11, 2011

Fun Family Activity - Manti Pagent

We hadn't been in a few years, so we went to the Manti Pagent a couple of weeks ago. Our kids are all old enough to enjoy it and take care of themselves - love that! They are also a lot of fun to be around. (We're loving this teen & tween stage!) We went up early and took a picnic dinner. We even got front row seats as I volunteered to interpret the prayers for anyone needing ASL.

The fam, with Samuel the Lamanite (in braids), and a Lamanite chief.
It's nearly 100 degrees, but J still has his blanket cape!
Beautiful Manti Utah Temple!
Nephites and Lamanites prepare for battle.
 
Christ at the temple in America after His ressurrection.

Joseph Smith's first vision

The Manti Temple with the US flag as the National Anthem is being sung before the pagent..
A three hour drive, the Dr Ed kids got some good driving in for the evening. (Except the mp3 player ran out of charge on the way down, so complete peace was elusive for some of the drive down. Coming back was fine, 'cause most everybody fell asleep.)

Great family togetherness time!

2 comments:

Meg said...

I love the Manti Pageant! I'm so glad you had a great time.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've told you this before, but I LOVE your hair! It is SO cute and perfect for you. :)

Karen said...

The Manti pageant is one i've never done... should put that on the to do list! It looks amazing... and Meg is right your hair is great!