Thursday, April 24, 2014

2014 "Kidisms" so far...

My sister, Karen, shares a list of "kidisms" in her family Christmas newsletter every year. It's a FAVORITE among our family members. We're even known to keep the list in our napkin holder so we can re-read and share them with others. I totally wish we had been recording ours over the years. We've had a neighbor kid say that our home life is more interesting than reality TV!

Kimberly decided that she wanted to keep track of ours, so here are a few that she has documented in the last few months. These are all from 2014. Keep in mind the ages our kids actually are, Gregory-20, Kimberly-18, Samuel-16, Jonathan-14 and Jason-12.  Enjoy!

Samuel said after throwing a little ball at Jonathan: "Why did that work so well? It should not have worked that well."

Samuel said about a plastic spoon to Kimberly after she dropped it on the ground, "Careful with that, it's an endangered species." Jonathan, "No, it's not!" Samuel, "That one can fly...Kimberly agrees with me."

Samuel: "I was going to the bathroom in the hallway..."

Samuel: "When I die, I'm going to kick a tin bucket. Into a farm I just sold. And then...I'm gonna bite the dust."

Jonathan said, about Kimberly, "No, she's not evil...well she is..."

Mom during a dinner conversation, "Oh, my flower is at school!...Oh, the oven's still on!"

Kimberly: "Dad, do a better face for the camera." Dad runs behind Mom, "Quick, this is the best face I can imagine!"

Gregory: "One, two, three," then together Dad, Mom, Samuel and Gregory yell, "JONATHAN!!!!!!!!" From right behind everyone, Jonathan asks, "What?"

Jason said, "No!!! I don't want to fight Kimberly I'm gonna lose!"

Jason: "I don't like past tense, it makes my head burn."

Jonathan; "Run to the side, horizontally towards it!"

Kimberly: "Jonathan, something's wrong with your phone. It's 10 not 11." Jonathan: "I was lying, I wanted to -- I don't have a phone!!"

Samuel: "Oh, that was my accident."

Gregory: "I'm going to tic-tac my tylenol."

Gregory: "I got on the phone."

Samuel: "Acoustics are not always good."

Jonathan to Kimberly, "I showered before I hugged you." Kimberly, "You hugged me?" Jonathan, "Ya, ... actually, I don't think I did!"

Samuel: "You know, sometimes I just think--woah! I am skilled!"

Samuel: "Your hurting me - I just can't remember how."

Jason: "We 'rid' our bikes around the boxular clearing."

Samuel: "Jesus wants me for a snowman!"

Kimberly, "Hey Dad, isn't Obamacare supposed to be affordable?"

Samuel: "Where'd the shoe come from?"

Jonathan, "When I was four, I was STUPID!"

Just a few minutes later, Samuel asked, "Jason, how old are you?" Jason, not paying attention to Samuel, "STUPID!"

I love our family! One of my favorite things is just how much we enjoy being together...most of the time!

No comments: