Sorry I haven't posted, but I've been pretty busy...The family reunion which we're hosting starts next week, so I've/we've been:
Spring cleaning house, including counters, laundry room, the crazy corners of the rooms, replacing broken beds, taking 4 loads to the dump (yard work included), and one to DI, painting the entertainment center, reorganizing the music corner, and more stuff!
Yard work...(like dishes,) it always needs to be done. Getting the weed whacker fixed, so the edges look done again. Clearing away piles of dirt, filling in holes in the lawn that creative children have dug in their adventures, and sorting the junk, old bikes, etc, so that we'd be ready for the trips to the dump.
Organizing lists of reunion stuff - attendees, schedules, menus, more schedules, current family contact lists, coordinating assignments, coordinating itineraries, rides from the airport, and lodging, and we're far from done, but going to make it. (It's a lot easier since I did this same thing last year for the Martin Family Reunion - all I have to do is use the templates from that and plug in new names, new places, etc. But we didn't have to do food for that one, thanks, Mom!)
I worked about three different days at the school, helping get some curriculum books cataloged and a new program installed for that. Love the job, but I was a bit nervous about the other things I needed to do at home.
We did have an awesome Fathers' Day dinner at our house, with 33 people (including us) here. It was kind of our goal to get the bulk of our work done for that, then we had a yummy turkey dinner, and food that everyone brought, including a celebratory cake for Harlene's son, Christopher's high school graduation. It was so good to do that again. I haven't felt I could have anyone over to my messy house, but we felt good about how much we've accomplished, and enjoyed the night immensely.
We did get to go to the AF Library one Monday night and participate in a
Fablehaven Activity, including listening to author Brandon Mull answer questions for 45 minutes, and sign all our books and the school copies as well. It was fun, and I even got a great game idea for the reunion, Human Fooseball - ask me about it sometime, or I'll try to get pics when we do it next week, and post those. It was so cool.
Gotta go get back to work, and it looks like Nels isn't feeling so hot now. Boo hoo, but we'll be free of it all by next week, for sure, at this rate!
3 comments:
Busy, busy gal. It was good to see everyone and thank you for having us all over.
Sorry to hear about the flu, but so glad we didn't bring it home with us.
Sounds like you were busy like me... for sure busier cause I didn't do reunion stuff. Looking forward to seeing you all and your accomplishments... NEXT WEEK!! YAY!
What an INCREDIBLY busy summer! Going back to school this fall is going to seem like vacation! I can't believe you are hosting a huge family reunion...you are a brave woman. Although I would love a reason to get my house and yard all spruced up! I need that kind of motivation...
Post a Comment