I HAVE to share with you my friend's blog. She went on a three day pioneer trek reenactment back in June, but this one was unusual - it was for their ENTIRE WARD, old & young, men, women (including pregnant ones), children (even one with a cast), toddlers, babies, everybody! She's been slowly retelling the
experience, and she's putting it down with great feeling; I'm experiencing so much as I cry through each post. They had real baptisms on the trail, real firesides, and lots of things! What an undertaking for that ward, especially the activities committee! Her first post was June 28th, and she's through day two so far. They also have a ward blog with pictures and everything. Check it out, and enjoy the experience for yourself!For our Pioneer Day on Thursday, we did have a nice discussion over fried chicken & watermelon about what happened 61 years ago . Although we are in Utah, it was a regular work day still for some...but we did watch the parade in the morning and picnic (in the kitchen) later after I got back from work. (Not to worry, I don't have to work every day, but I had to go in that afternoon to get some new textbooks sorted & cataloged for the teachers to get their hands on before the school is closed down all of next week.) I did enjoy what Nels' cousin did for their Pioneer Day. See it on her blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment