Saturday, September 6, 2008

Birthday week

Jason and Kimberly have birthdays right next to each other. In fact, Jason was born the day Kimberly started Kindergarten, the day after she turned six. She still calls him her "Birthday Present." Happy Birthday, Jason! Guess how old my baby is?

Then it was Kimberly's birthday. She is finally a big teenager! One of the big things she's excited about is that she can watch the PG-13 movies she's been wanting to, specifically Harry Potter 4 (she read the book last year,) and Lord of the Rings. We decided a few years ago that we'd stick with the age rating so we didn't have to make an executive decision with every movie. Even still, Mom & Dad have to give the go-ahead before any kids see anything PG or PG13 .
Other than that this week, it was the first week the school library was open, including hosting the classes for library time. I had 7 classes Tuesday, 3 on 1/2 day Wed, and another 7 on Thursday. It's been a long time since I was that tired after work! That, and having a bad case of plantar fasciitis this week, and other sicknesses last week, my house was scary-messy. The only posting I've done this week has been on my other blog. That's been VERY rewarding, since I'm capturing wonderful memories, and feel such a thrill over that. (I can still post when I'm body weary.)
Now I have to get ready to go out with Mom & Dad for their last weekend here. I've got to get Kimberly & Annie making cookies to take with us; we'll be headed over to my aunt's house later. :)

4 comments:

Becky said...

That would be a busy week! Happy Birthday to Jason and Kimberly. Good luck with adjusting to your new work schedule. Hope you're feeling all better soon. And have a wonderful time with your parents!

Adam M. Howlett said...

Happy Birthday Kimberly and Jason!! I hop that you have enjoyed this week.

Harlene said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday to Kimberly and Jason! I remember when I was about to turn 13, somebody at the kitchen table said... "oh no! you're gonna be a stuck up teenager!" I said "I'm already stuck up!" and I smiled and everybody laughed. Who's laughing now?