Five busy bodies clamoring to be fed...all day long!Five bodies climbing all over each other and the furniture...all day long!
Five VERY NOISY people making as much noise as they can...all day long!
Seven crazy temperaments, bumping into each other, clamoring for attention...all day long!
Myriads of things to coordinate: Schedules, calendars, computer time, TV privileges, piano practicing, etc...all day long!
Multiple summer schedule & cleaning charts to be made and to be followed up on...all day long!
I think I want to go back to school. I got more computer time there in the mornings before school started than I'm getting here! I'm having trouble getting all my e-mail read each day now.
But then I'd have to go back to getting up at 5:15...hmmm...I guess I'll take this. It's just a matter of adjusting, right? Grin & bear it. :]
Maybe I should focus on the positive. I do like:
Getting their input and figuring out a schedule that everybody likes.
Time in the kids' schedules to have them help more with things like laundry & mowing.
Kids getting big enough to do those things!
Hanging out with my neat kids.
Being finished with giving talks in church the Sunday after school-out. (Good experience, though.)
Being able to get up at 7:30 or 8:00 if I want to!
A high school kid who's anxious to take a bunch of extra classes online this summer so he'll be ahead and ready for his AP classes next year.
Kids who want to fit into the weekly schedule regular temple trips for baptisms for the dead.
Kids who want to do family history indexing on the computer regularly.
A kid who suggests we spend an hour each morning on our family room, kitchen and front room cleaning it - true story!Kids who insist that we have a regular library day on the schedule.
Having my husband around to occasionally head somebody back onto course.
I could go on...but it's time to head to bed - no need to stay up past midnight just because I can. Besides, another thing I'm trying to make time for this summer is exercise. We're walking mornings, Samuel and I...we'll see who else wants to join us. Keep smiling!
3 comments:
I've relized that there will always be a new stage in life where you may want to complain about what your kids are or aren't doing. But, there will be a time where our kids will be out of the house miles away with their own family and we will miss those crazy times we had with them. I try to remind myself of this everyday and enjoy every minute of the stage of life that we are in now. It's a daily challenge I know.
We just started summer break and with two little ones at home it is hard to find a balence of getting anything done around the house and spending quality time with them especially when I am so tired lately. I'm determined to have a great summer.
Oh this is so true! We want to be out of the "have-to" schedule of school, then we are thrown into the "Got-to for sanity sake" necessity of schedules in the summer. You've got the right idea of thinking of the positive side. Keep it up!
Love you! Mom
I 'forget' every year too.
Good luck! We'll come see you in Aug to help have fun!
Post a Comment