Monday, October 4, 2010

Easiest General Conference yet!

Fun story: Saturday, Jason and Jonathan were awake at 3 am, thinking they had to hurry down and set up their conference boats. I told them what time it was and what time conference started, and they settled back into bed for several more hours.
This was the quietest general conference yet!
NOT because people were asleep, but because our kids are growing up enough that they aren't so needy, so noisy and so interupting!
This is great - I actually got to listen to every talk!
(They did get a tiny bit squirly during the last session, but I was so impressed.)
The messages were wonderful, and the kids were saying so too.
I wasn't the only one saying, "That was a great talk!"
The two older boys were telling the next boy (and the next) how many more conferences before they can join them at the Priesthood Session with Dad.
Now to go finish downloading the mp3s so I can listen again...not that I missed it because of my kids this time!

Sigh...I'm liking older kids...

3 comments:

Frieda Loves Bread said...

It just gets better and better, doesn't it?

Becky said...

This time around the kids actually took much better notes than I did! They actually grow up, and really do appreciate the conference traditions. It's a great feeling, isn't it.

Karen said...

Ok, I did something wrong! All my kids did was argue and wander. I need to instigate boats like you and if we were using the TV instead of the comp that might work better too... Things must change!