Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Latest Doings...

We've been pretty busy lately, with school, a new job, trying to keep healthy, and all.  Some of this week's highlights...

Nels started a new job on Monday - he's back in software development, and I think he thinks he's died and gone to heaven, he's enjoying it so much!  The new company seems to like him as much as he likes working there, so it's a great fit. We miss having him around, but he's where he needs to be and is happy too - what a blessing! (But - Apple? That's new!)

We've been fighting colds, but so far they've been the quick and deadly variety - "I'll be over this by tomorrow" has worked so far, with only a bit of quick-to-tire and lingering congestion, thank heaven.

Tuesday after work I picked up all the school kids from school and we headed to the car repair shop to have them check a suspicious rattle as well as the annoying "check engine" light. Turned out a screw/nut was missing from the alternater cap, so we waited while they did that and one other same-labor belt replacement.  Fortunately I had grabbed a book from my library before leaving school; I read 11 1/2 (yes, eleven and a half) absolutely hilarious chapters of Andrew Clements' No Talking to the kids not doing homework while we waited.

We had six dentist appts after school this week, and my two youngest are at a care center with others of their classmates right now having a Wii game party with the seniors there. I have to go pick them up now, but I wanted to quickly post this to catch up.

4 comments:

Frieda Loves Bread said...

That is wonderful to hear about Nels's new job! Glad everything is going well for you and your family.

MarieC said...

Apple?? Well, don't worry, we'll still be your friends. :-) Seriously, congratulations!!! I know what a huge relief it is to have the primary breadwinner back in business!

Louise Hiatt said...

Don't tell my dad but we absolutely love our MACs!!! I hate having to use a PC at work. Hope things are going well for you. Sounds like you've been busy! (We finally got in a whole week of school -- not holding my breath though for this week -- they're calling for snow 2 days this week.)

Darcee said...

My kids love all of the Andrew Clements books!

Congrats on the new job!