 |
| I'm off to Disneyland! |
We've been having the most marvelous Spring Break vacation! Gregory went to Disneyland with the school choir - he had a great time, of course, but we did miss him. I still need pictures of his trip. But here he is saying goodbye. I love the sibling hugging pictures!
We took a trip to Idaho to visit my sister, Karen and her family in their new home. They moved there from Washington state last summer, and we hadn't been to visit yet. It's only 4 or 5 hours away, so we've been trying to get a trip in since they moved. Turns out we picked the perfect week, because my niece, Hysen was graduating from BYU Idaho that weekend, and her mom, Nels' sister, Heather and her two other college kids, Chris & Heidi, were there too. So last minute we figured out that Nels could go with us, because he could come back with Heather on Sunday and be back before work on Monday. A perfect plan.
 |
| Fun with family in Idaho. Samuel was Isaac's puppy; his shirt was the leash. Cute puppy. (FYI, Grandpa H - Kimberly got Ben started on buttermilk, he loves it too!) |
 |
| Fun & games with the cousins in Idaho - I love the boys' "war games" out front by the mailbox. |
On Saturday, we (Karen & Dan, Nels, Kimberly & I) went up to BYU-I where Hysen took us and the rest of her family on a nice long walking tour of the college where she's spent the last five years. She recently became engaged - yipee - but her fiance was on a working trip to Utah that day, so we had to wait until Thursday to see him. (Thursday we got to take the two of them back with us in the van to Utah, where they are to start off their summer plans. They'll be in different states until their August wedding, boo hoo.)
 |
| Our walking tour of beautiful BYU Idaho |
 |
| Sock Wars Wrestling for FHE was SO fun and intense! We even had a bloody nose - Jason & Claire were SO equally matched, and both very determined. They had three long bouts between others' matches; each only lost one sock apiece the whole time! |
|
Hanging out with the family, having other extended family over for dinner, going with my sister to her book club, watching movies, sock-war wrestling matches, museum visits, it was all fun. One day we were tourists and went and saw the LDS Temple and the falls in nearby Idaho Falls. Then on the way home we stopped at a neat museum in Rigby, Home of Television. We missed Gregory, (but knew he was having fun,) and we missed Nels after he left, but it was a grand vacation. I LOVE family!
 |
| Beautiful people at Idaho Falls, formerly "Eagle Rock" |
 |
| Our trip to the museum documenting Philo T. Farnsworth's invention of television.. |
That was SO fun!! We can't wait to do it again. Back to school on Monday...
4 comments:
Oh my, I'm gonna have to link to this page. You've done all the work already! ;)
That really was the funnest week I've had in a while. I'm SO glad we live closer now! Looking forward to more time with you all! Love you!
Oh Susan, that looks like so much fun that you had together. Your pictures are fabulous! How do you group those pics together so well?! You all had a great time.
Family is so special! Love you all!
By the way, Susan, your hair looks terrific! I'll bet it is much easier to care for, too.
Im glad to see you all having so much fun togeather. Its been fun to read about all your events and activities. - Eric H
Post a Comment