Monday, June 6, 2011

To Done and To Do...


Summer is here...almost...well, sort of...

* The weather has been very weird here in Utah: It is winter, it is spring, no, it's summer, oh it's winter again...whatever!

* The younger two kids and I finished school a week and a half ago, but the three others have been going gang busters. The last few weeks we've had several concerts, awards ceremonies, etc. Pictures here include Jonathan in Provo's Hope of America at the BYU Marriott Center, one of my favorite events, Jason as Jason and the Argonauts, Jonathan as Alexander Graham Bell for the 5th grad Wax Museum, and him again as the lead singer for his class's entry in the school Dance Festival. Also Kimberly with a couple of her best friends after their final orchestra concert.

*Gregory was awarded "Top Student" in both Ballroom Dance and Choir. He and Kimberly were in several numbers in the Ballroom Dance Showcase last week. I'll try to post some video if I can get it downloaded from our old digital video tape recorder, (thanks for your help, Chris!) Gregory was kind of the center of attention at the concert, being in most of the numbers, and center stage for several of them. It was fun.
 

* They're still studying and in the middle of finals, but tomorrow that will finish. Then we'll be onto summer classes, scout and other camps, reunions, etc.

* We got a pass to the recreation center, but couldn't go for the first couple of days because it was still too cold, in June, go figure. But the kids have been going every chance they get, and having fun in the pool.

* I'm working on my Independent Study course, the required one before I can take rest of my GS classes to finish my bachelor's degree from BYU. It's a pain, but it's got to be done. So, no I'm not out of school! Sigh.

* I'm still making great progress with Weight Watchers. I am still fully committed to this new lifestyle change, and it's making a difference. I've lost 14 pounds in two months, (I'm hoping it will be over 15 this week,) and it feels great.

* I have to get busy and plan a reunion for late July, and help with girls' camp too.

* Changed the dish schedule AGAIN, and this time hopefully it will last longer. This one includes week-long assignments, which will definitely be easier to administrate from a parent's point of view!

* Busy, busy, busy, lots of plans this summer for the kids. I'll be busy driving kids too and from, but hopefully we'll be able to get drivers' ed going and finished so that I can have some help from G&K! They're both at 25+ driving hours each, have to get to 40...plus finish drivers' ed.

*Gotta find a few music teachers, piano and viola, fortunately I have a few leads...wish me luck!

5 comments:

Louise Hiatt said...

Hey Susan! I am so glad you are having success with Weight Watchers. I was able to lose 60 pounds before last summer. Unfortunately I was put on Prednisone at the beginning of last summer and it all came back. :( I just haven't been able to get motivated. (Probably has to do with a less than helpful student teacher and stress at work.) What about doing it together? I did it through the points system -- still having problems getting comfortable with the points plus program! You interested in a email partner? My summer is going to be great! Russell came home from Madagascar last Friday so we are one big happy family until the middle of August.

gphowlett said...

Fantastic for you all! We are very impressed, Gregory and Kimberly. You look wonderful and it must have been great fun to do the dances together.
Good going, Susan, keep up the great work! Losing weight is very hard, but it looks like you are making it. Congratulations to all, and we love every one of you!!

Frieda Loves Bread said...

Wow....you HAVE been busy! Congrats to Gregory! One look at Kimberly and I could swear that was YOU! What a flashback to the past....

I'm proud of you, working towards your Bachelor's and your personal goals...you GO, girl!

Have a wonderful summer!

Harlene said...

WHew! Congrats to you for keeping track of it all! I'm so glad to hear you are spending some time on yourself as well. We miss you guys!

Karen said...

Wuhoo! Glad to read this post...spring is busy but a big reward time... you get to see the progress much clearer than usual with all the recitals programs etc. You are raising a set of amazing kids there! Congratulations on your weight watching! So glad you are finding success. Love you so! We're excited to see you next month! If you want help with any reunion stuff, just let me know.