Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The end is finally here...

Kimberly and me at Girls' camp together this year - we're on the front row.
I have been a secretary at church for eight years! Six and a half years as Primary Secretary, then one and a half as Young Women Secretary. But Sunday I was released. A new YW presidency was called, and most of the advisors were replaced as well. So after eight years, I have to give up the monthly newsletter submissions, the updating of rosters, rolls, calendars, and so forth of the two organizations. I haven't quite comprehended that this is the end of that era, but soon I will miss updating the files. I've really loved that job; I'm good at it, and it's an important contribution to such organizations. I will truly miss YW, especially the opportunity of being with my Kimberly. (Can you believe, she turns 16 next week?!) I will be back in Primary, teaching now, probably substituting for a few different classes for a time, (our ward is cycling through the Marriage Enhancement Course,) then working with the four-five year old kids. It will be fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOO, I hear you! I love the secretary thing too. Still waiting for a calling here in Shanghai.

Becky said...

8 years is a long time! And I can't believe Kimberly will be 16 next month, but maybe I should because Michelle is a senior and will be 17 next month. Next fall she's off to BYU! My new calling here is teaching the 5-6 year olds in Primary. I haven't had a weekly class to teach since I taught Holly's 5-year-old class 30 years ago. I'm having a lot of fun and hope I get to stay here a while. Have a wonderful day!

Karen said...

Congratulations! New new new, but isn't that what life is about? ever changing and learning! Happy for you!