just love Sundays.There's a spirit about the day that is different than all the rest.
The work that I do on Sundays is still work, (I'm the Primary Secretary,) but it's sacred work that's different than the work I do the rest of the week away from home AND in the home.
The meetings are all designed to bring us the Spirit, and help us feel closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus. If we put a little effort into it, we get exactly that - LOVE THAT!
Sometimes there are additional meetings, but usually even those are designed to include the Spirit, (even "Church business" mtgs require the Spirit to be successful), so when we put a little effort into receiving that Spirit - it's there!
I don't do laundry or vacuuming on Sunday unless the ox is in the mire. I just let it all go, especially the feeling that "I should be doing this or that".
We have cold cereal for breakfast only on Sundays, and the kids may eat in their pjs if they want. If it's Fast Sunday, we have "Cold Cereal Monday" to follow. (I still have to fix dinner, but I usually have an easy list to pick from.)I don't have to get up until at least 7 a.m. (my perfect rising time), even when Church starts at it's earliest schedule, 9 a.m. (our perfect schedule). That's at least 1 1/2 hours before weekdays!
We try to have ice cream on hand on Sundays, and the kids get to have as many scoops as they earned from their behavior during Sacrament Meeting. Since I now interpret (ASL) during Sacrament Mtg, Daddy is the judge. He's a stricter judge than I would be, but I don't have to decide. :)Then I can usually fit in a nap somewhere on that day, even if it's for just 15 or 30 minutes.
It's Mom's day to choose the video/DVD, if we have one. I choose ones that include gospel messages, either directly, or less directly.
And this coming Saturday and Sunday are the best, 'cause it's General Conference weekend, and we get to enjoy that together as a family at home! (Although we'll be having to watch it on the internet, since we don't get the local channel that broadcasts it.) Can't wait!
4 comments:
Those are some good reasons to love Sunday! Enjoy general conference, even if it's on a computer screen. We'll be watching with you :)
You are absolutely right! Sundays are the best! We have made it a family day and it is the day that I love to cook/bake. I try to make a nice meal around 4 pm on fast Sundays...gives the family something good to look forward to! I also love the 9 am schedule and Sun afternoon naps!
Sounds like you guys have the perfect Sunday routine down. I am trying that with my family, but we definitely have a long way to go. Sunday should definitely be a different day from all the others. A special day to relax and hang out with the family. I know, that as my kids get older our schedules will be a lot more hectic and it is a good feeling to know that Sunday will always be a day of rest. A day away from the "World".
I love your Sunday schedule. Somehow it sounds a little familiar. We will enjoy conference too, but our meetings are delayed a bit here in Germany. Love you. Mom
Post a Comment