Friday, August 21, 2009

Another year...

Last week while I was in Washington my phone reconfigured itself, and I lost all my appointments and a good share of my phone numbers. To tell you how busy I've been, I still haven't connected it up to Outlook on my computer to get what I can back. So Jonathan missed Cub Scouts on Wednesday, but I believe we've been able to remember the other important things.

Gregory started school on Monday, the rest of the kids yesterday. I've been working all week. M/T/W I took Gregory to school then headed over here, (yes, I'm at school again,) to try to catch up on the preparations for the new year. I am the librarian, but I also help with the cataloging and distribution of textbooks throughout the school, and with classes starting yesterday, (and me gone all of last week, and two days of the previous week too,) it's been busy! That and all of the faculty including I was participating in some very interesting training meetings (psychology).

My library computer went down before I left town, and finally Nels was able to rescue the hard drive on Tuesday (THANK YOU!) and I was able to get everything back. So I was working exclusively in my "other office," the curriculum room, which is where I needed to be most of the time right now anyway. But it's nice to have my school e-mail and files back, and especially to be able to check things out to the teachers again.

So..."first day" of school again, and never have I been less prepared for my own kids to go back! Ah well, it's all good anyway. Here's a picture of the kids - they're growing up!

Now I've got to get back to work. Busy and happy...that's us.

(Oh, I forgot the most important catch-up detail! When I got home from the airport on Saturday with everybody, I found the house CLEAN! The kitchen counters & dishes, the floors vacuumed - it was AMAZING! K had done the laundry as well as the cooking as part of a Personal Progress project, so that was quite up to date. I found that the two little boys had missed me so much they cried several times during the early days, and boy, was everybody happy to get me back. It's nice being missed!)

5 comments:

gphowlett said...

It's good to go away, just so you can come home and have everyone happy to have you there. That's terrific.

gphowlett said...

It sounds like Kimberly did a terrific job, too! Good going, girl!

Frieda Loves Bread said...

It IS a good feeling to be missed, huh?

Amy Lynn said...

Welcome home! What a fun, fascinating summer of adventures (both physical and emotional!) you have had! We didn't get a chance to catch up the other night and you were sad...it is time for a long catch up! Welcome back to school...it just wouldn't be the same without you!

MarieC said...

How exciting to come home to a CLEAN house! Glad you were able to come up here--it was great to see you!