Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Going Crazy...

Hey, sorry about the onslaught of posts, but I had the goal to post our courtship story for our anniversary, and since that's tomorrow, I'm trying to get it all out. It took a while to write (and get the editor to approve of it), then get it ready for posting.

Then I'm leaving on Thursday to go to Washington and help my sister who will hopefully have her baby during the 10 days while I'm there. (None of my kids...!) I'm taking my mom's place since she's in Germany on their mission there. I look forward to cooking and cleaning for somebody else's family and house (always more fun than your own), and hanging out with my neice and two nephews...soon to be another "neiphen" as sis Karen calls them all.

Needless to say, I'm running around a bit like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to pull together a household of six to somehow survive without me here for 10 days. I picture the garden and grass dead from not being watered, (the chickens will probably be cared for since they're still a novelty,) everybody just eating whatever they find instead of meals, the laundry room crammed to the ceiling and the house two feet deep when I get home...oh me of little faith. Wish them all luck!!

But seriously, I'm not stressing out yet...just taking things as they come. It might be a different story tomorrow night, though!

1 comment:

Frieda Loves Bread said...

Enjoyed the post! I wish Karen the best with her new baby~ You will do a fantastic job while you are there and she will appreciate it so much! I 'jumped' over to your folk's blog and saw the pic of your mom baking bread....Yum~