
Sunday afternoon I had a melt down...you know the kind. The kind when you start to wonder if you've done ANYTHING effective in your life for your family. Dumb, I know, but there you go.
We'd been to wonderful stake conference meetings Saturday & Sunday, but there were issues we've been going through that I didn't know how to fit into the messages given, and my mind was stewing on that. Really, there are just so many unknown variables that I started to question even the known ones. And the stewing...Satan knows those are the moments to get his digs into us women!
So I had my melt down, ending with, "I just can't keep on going like this!" (Speaking mainly of my own weaknesses - not sins, although I have plenty of those, just major weaknesses - I'm realizing there's a big difference.) Nels was holding his bawling wife, and calmly and lovingy reminded me, "Susan, remember that's why we need the Savior's atonement."
That hit me squarely where I needed it...suddenly my perspective switched from major dispair to major relief and FAITH - "Of course! You're so right. What was I thinking?!" All will be well, He is watching over all, and will support us even in our weaknesses. Our sins too will be forgiven, in faith. I don't have to be perfect here in this life, nor do I have to get everything under control. All of the sudden I was calm again, in control, and peaceful. "You're right! That's right! THANK YOU for reminding me! I NEED that!"
I've been totally fine ever since, and even more effective, because it's no longer my burden to bear alone.
Experiences of late have been humbling on the whole, but humility can lead us to the Savior, and that makes it oh, so worth it.
4 comments:
AMEN!
Been there (very recently), done that, and came to the same conclusion.
Love you!
Oh, how true! We all need to remember that, every day! Love ya.
Sus, I love you so much, just the way you are. Blessings to you!
Post a Comment