Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spring break


It's spring break...that means sleeping in, lazing around, but it also means food disappearing, kids underfoot all day, wanting to do things I don't want them to do often... But yesterday, we listened to the two Tennis Shoes and the Feathered Serpent books on tape from the library. We listened to both books. We've been listening to the stories in the car, but backward - The Lost Scrolls, then The Sacred Scrolls - not realizing that they were 3rd & 4th after the Feathered Serpent stories. Finally we got it figured out, and have very much enjoyed these stories. Exciting action, and bringing to life stories and messages I want to teach my children anyway! The conclusion, (at 9:50 last night,) was the reenactment of Christ visiting the Nephites...wow, everybody was touched.
On a separate note: For an absolutely amazing video of pictures created for an Easter display at the Mesa AZ temple, see the Reflections of Christ website. I especially loved the portrayal of the angels celebrating the birth of the Savior, but this picture of Christ celebrating at this baptism is touching as well.

2 comments:

Harlene said...

We really enjoyed the first one. Haven't gotten past that! What a good MOM you are.

Karen said...

Hey before I forget I wanted to say that the Reflections of Christ thing is AMAZING. Loved that you shared it with us! Thanks.