It's his birthday this week, (went shopping for that today)...
...His in two weeks (picked up stuff for him on the same trip)...
...and I just started my Christmas shopping today!
I did get a bunch of the Christmas decorating done on my day off today. :)
We were going to a multi-stake Humanitarian Aid Service project tonight. I thought it would be an easy way to get my kids involved in a service project. Great way to start the Christmas season, don't you think? But we drove around for nearly an hour, found the designated church, but it was dark, nobody there. Argggh. I'll have to somehow pull it off myself/ourselves. I've just not been good at...but no, I'm not going to start the self criticism that wants to follow. So we went home...

A bit later Samuel and I made peanut brittle for his book report on George Washington Carver. But I got a little too close to the hot candy syrup, and now I'm typing with one hand while the burnt thumb of my other hand is in cold water. But the peanut brittle recipe is my Mom's, the one I grew up on every Christmas, so I'll have to type it up and share it here, (another day when this is easier!)
3 comments:
Have fun shopping and serving! The peanut brittle looks good...can't wait for the recipe!
I just barely started my Christmas shopping today, too. Just can't get into the full preparation mode yet!
So sorry about your thumb...:( Glad you are swinging into Christmas! It's my favorite Holiday!
Post a Comment