Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Payday!"

I just received the ultimate compliment for the job that I love. I'm sharing it here to document it, so I don't forget the words, and because it meant so much to me.

I had just helped a girl find a sequel she didn't know existed, to a book she had just loved. I had highly recommended the book, since I had loved the sequel even better than the original. As she hurried out of the library with the book, she said, "I just love having a librarian who loves books as much as I do!"

Ahhh...that's payday - that's one of the reasons I LOVE MY JOB!

Oh, incidently, the original book is Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George, and the sequel is Dragon Flight.

3 comments:

Frieda Loves Bread said...

It's always the small things that make life so rewarding!

Harlene said...

How Rewarding! We have Dragon Slippers, didn't know about the sequel!

linde said...

my daughter just read dragon slippers and loved it. i am glad to know there is a sequal. its good to talk to ya again, even ifit's not on the phone